Saturday, January 14, 2017

Acceptance!

Yesterday I received my official acceptance from Kwansei Gakuin University (KGU), the university I will be attending in Japan.

I am ecstatic!

Now members of our group of fellow students heading towards Osaka (titled "Osaka Squad") are researching flights, hotels, baggage restrictions, medication information, and so on. We are all extremely excited! However, we still need to receive our Certificate of Eligibility and homestay information before applying for our visas. Those should be coming in in February.

On a less positive note, I received notification that I did not win one of the scholarships to which I applied. I have applied to 11 or 12 scholarships for this endeavor and have received 1 so far. A friend and I applied to pretty much the same scholarships and she agrees that this constant rejection is a bit disheartening. But, we'll find a way, thanks to local university scholarships, generous family members, and small jobs here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment