Monday, January 2, 2017

Beginnings

Though I still have 90 days until my tentative departure, I have decided to start this blog today.

My name is Alex and my goal is to study abroad in Japan. I have already been accepted into a language-intensive program and will leave come April. The spring semester starts and ends later in Japan than it does here, so though I will start my semester after my friends have, I will still be in school when they are out enjoying the summer. I have swapped my long summer break for a short one and a short winter break for a long one. You get the picture.

I am an Asian Studies major and Japanese minor who hopes to add more to her list, but is still undecided. Marine science is off limits as I currently attend a landlocked university, but environmental science may be possible.

I love languages and am furiously working to gain fluency in Japanese at the moment (hence the study abroad). I also love the culture and landscape of Japan. I wish to explore and learn much.

With this blog, I intend to share what I learn and what I see as well as the photography in which I partake.

I think that is enough for my introductory and trial post. Hopefully, I can share this with family, friends, colleagues, and mentors.

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I have several students who have been or are currently in Japan so if I can introduce you, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome Uncle Jaq, thank you!

      Delete