Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Quick Thoughts from Tuesday

I'm heading off to school in a few minutes, but wanted to write a short post about yesterday.

It's official - I'm going to Tokyo this weekend! My group and I paid for our bullet train tickets and made a detailed schedule for the weekend. So excited!

It was my host family's 36th wedding anniversary yesterday and they both have now officially been with each other longer than they have been without one another. They wanted to stay in and so we had a western-style dinner with candles on the table. I asked them what their favorite anniversary together was and they said the time they went to an amusement park called "Kiddy Land" (apparently it was before Disneyland came to Japan).

I wore my hair down and felt kind of cool. When I was going up the stairs in the 7/11, these girls coming down stopped talking and some of them went "sugeehhhhh" ("awesome") which made me feel really nice. I also kept getting compliments from friends and fellow study abroad students. It was awesome. I'm still heavily considering cutting my hair when returning to the states, though. I looked through some old pictures of me when I had a different type of short hair style (to double-check if it really looked good on me) and I think it did. Of course, I didn't have glasses and a lot of the pictures are really dorky but I'm excited about the idea to have short hair again. It was weird looking at my old pictures and videos - like a conversation between the old and new me.

I'm not working out or pushing too hard this week. It's a rest week between the busy-ness of the last few weeks and the Tokyo trip to come.

Off to school!

1 comment:

  1. Over the years you have always looked nice with long or short hair..you are lucky. I can't wear my hair short. Very nice of your host partners to share their 36th anniversary dinner at home with you. Oh, the bullet train should be fun! By the way that sounded very interesting about the bass in your K-ON comments previously. Love you. Grandma

    ReplyDelete