Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Rainchecks for all

I love writing my blog and love hearing people's comments about it; however, this past week and a half of my sister being in Japan with me has been jam-packed and on our rest days, I just don't have the energy to devote to a post. Even now, I am preparing for bed after packing all day.

Tomorrow I leave Japan. I am so incredibly emotional. I am grateful for this experience and happy to have done so much and talked with so many people. I am going to miss so much of the people, food, and culture and climate. I am not going to miss mosquitoes. I am sad to leave but excited to think about coming back. I am sad to return to the US but excited to see my loved ones and eat certain foods and get my hair cut, finally.

This roller-coaster of emotions is exhausting.

Due to our busy schedule, I will be writing journal blog posts about these two weeks' adventures once I get back to US. This way, I will have time to sort through my pictures and write out detailed posts as well as something to do and look forward to when I return and have time to spend in the moment here and now.

Excitingly, I have a trip in between leaving Japan and returning to the US: Taiwan! It is so close and apparently so cheap and I am ecstatic to experience yet another culture and country. Especially to do so with my sister who is strong, competent and adventurous - making for a good travel companion.

For now, I must adjourn, but I shall return, in more ways than one.

Good night and good day - see some of you soon!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you did a quick blog. With adventures come emotions when it is time to return home..emotions about leaving people, places, food, and activity...emotions about looking forward to returning to family, friends, and home base.Enjoy your last few hours in Japan (until you return) and your time in Taiwan. Safe Travels. Love you. Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as we miss you and can't wait to see you, my heart breaks for you having to say goodbye to this incredible, life changing experience filled with personal growth - and the most amazing host family one could hope for! I know this is difficult, I also know that your future is filled with many more adventures including returning to your beloved Japan. I'm so glad you and your sister have been able to experience the last couple of weeks together too. I know this has made both of you stronger individually, and together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe travels! Can't wait to read about the most recent adventures and see all the pictures! What an amazing journey you are completing (and at the same time, what an amazing journey you are just starting!)

    ReplyDelete