Tuesday, March 21, 2017

The Night Before

This will be a short post; but I felt like I should write one.

It is the night before my departure. I will wake up in the wee hours of the morning (3:30 am) to catch my early flight to LA, from which I will leave for Japan in the early afternoon.

I have pre-packed, actually packed, double-checked the packing, cleaned, double-checked instructions and locations and completed a number of other preparations yet I do not feel quite prepared.

Of course I am nervous and excited and anxious, but those emotions seem just under the surface. Not deep but not obvious. My main feeling is that of surrealism. It doesn't feel like this is really going to happen. After years of planning and preparation, I still feel like I'm in limbo. However, I bet once I am on the plane, and if not then, then once I am in the new land itself, everything will start to feel quite real.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some sleep so that I can face my very long day properly.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you arrived! Great post..interesting, exciting, informative in so many ways. Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete