Thursday, April 13, 2017

Kangaku Blossoms

So today was mainly comprised of homework and organizing, including altering my schedule a bit. I ended up dropping only one class (Japanese Creative Writing (btw, I didn't realize it was creative)) and switching my Geography to History of Manga.




I also changed Kanji 4 to Kanji 5. I talked with the Kanji 5 teacher and he said that students who only stay one semester should do whatever they want and take the higher course, if they can. If I were staying for two or three semesters, however, he would advise me to take them sequentially because once you take 5, you can't go back and take 4. Also, looking at the overall list, I knew a few more of the Kanji 5 class kanji compared to the Kanji 4 class so either way, I'd be challenged about the same way. It just may turn out that a lot of study abroad students who know Chinese or are very advanced in Japanese will be my classmates for Kanji 5.






Anyhow, I was able to take some nice pictures in the Kangaku garden today of the beautiful cherry blossoms and the ground pink with fallen petals. It was gorgeous! My friend and I bumped into one another while she was helping her friend take some late graduation photos in the cherry blossoms. Long story short, I ended up taking a few hundred photos in sports mode with the falling petals and for the girl in her graduation gown. It was a lot of fun!

Also, did upper body (shoulders, chest, some back, some abs) today and am tired. I was happy to find out though that this gym has an assisted pull up/dip machine (which I love)! I'm also still enjoying this sakura season, though it will soon be over. It's just so pretty~!

6 comments:

  1. I just wanted to thank you for sharing your journey with us. I know I do not always comment but I always read these (of have them read to me by a special person). The pictures are GREAT and your host family seems super sweet! Keep up the great work (and Ninja training).
    Love, Dad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dad! I wish I could send a wave of emotion through the computer, but I can't even use emoticons in this comment. I'm glad I can share this as well and truly appreciate both modern technology and your compliment.

      Love you!

      P.S. Continuing ninja training...nin-nin!

      Delete
  2. I really love these pictures of the sakura petals on the ground! Yay on Kanji 5!! You're doing such a great job and we couldn't be more proud. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mom! *blushes*

      It was just gorgeous and fantastical. Pink everywhere and every time a breeze blew, petals everywhere. Pictures were hard because the petals made it so bright and the flying petals were so small and light that they were hard to catch. Thankfully, I can darken the pics a bit once they are downloaded. I think you would really like the school's mini gardens!

      Love you!

      Delete
  3. The Kangaku garden is beautiful and your photos of the carpet of blossoms is wonderful. Great photos of course. Congrats on Kanji 5..nice of the teacher to give you a heads up. Sounds as if your classes have really worked out well.
    Good Job. Love you. Grandma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling pretty good about my classes so far (though, it's still early). The most challenging ones will most likely be the language courses, but that's okay. Surprisingly, the others don't see like they have a big load and not even all of them have tests (sweet~), but 2 essays (for the semester) or weekly portfolio/manga (sweet~).

      Love you too!

      Delete